Lesbian Houston is part of the Pink Sofa Network provided by Pink Sofa Pty. Ltd., (The Company). This site is intended for members to communicate and interact with each other online.
These are the terms and conditions of agreement between you and The Company. These terms and conditions cover; your use of this website; the entire contents of this website, located at domain http://lesbianhouston.com and other websites provided by Pink Sofa Pty. Ltd. within the Pink Sofa Network; and to any correspondence between us and you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website and before becoming a member. Your use of this website indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
By ticking the box next to the "I verify that I am 18 years of age or over and that I have read the terms and conditions and accept them." text on the Member Join Page, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you further accept and agree to the Terms and Conditions. Every time you access the site you confirm your agreement with the Terms and Conditions.
Your enjoyment and experience of The Company websites is very important to us. Please read the following policies and guidelines that also form a part of these Terms and Conditions.
To register for membership or use the site, you must be a lesbian* aged 18 years or over.
*Lesbian refers to women who love women including lesbians, bisexual women, transgender, FTM, MTF and intersex women.
- You alone are responsible for the content you publish, display or distribute on this site, on your profile and in any communications with other Members.
- No responsibility is assumed by The Company for any content, including photos, published or transmitted by Members. The Company reserves the right to edit profile and photo content.
- No responsibility is assumed by The Company for any content published or transmitted.
- Your use of the site grants no rights to you in relation to copyright, trademarks or other of our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of third parties.
- You may not without limitation, copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, communicate to the public, or otherwise use the content included in or provided via the site except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Subject to the above, you may download insubstantial excerpts of this content to your hard drive for the purpose of viewing it provided that no more than one copy of any information is made.
- The Company does not guarantee the accuracy of any information published on the site and does not endorse nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statements made by any subscriber to its services. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the site are those of their respective authors and should not be relied upon.
- You acknowledge and agree that by becoming a member you have not relied upon nor been induced by any representation or warranty whatsoever of the Pink Sofa Network.
- You may not publish or transmit offensive content; this includes content that contains offensive language, sexually explicit content, and any content that is considered unlawful, threatening, abusive, racist, derogatory, harmful, obscene, harassing, discriminatory, and libellous. Further you may not publish any content that may violate or encourage violation of any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
- While The Company reserves the right to edit, delete or remove content deemed offensive at our sole discretion within these Terms and Conditions, The Company does not guarantee that offensive material will be removed or deleted.
- The Company reserves the right to read, censor and edit profiles, monitor chat room conversations and remove and edit posts on the forums.
- The Company reserves the right to automatically filter content sent to and by Trial and Basic members. This content includes but is not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, weblinks and instant messenger details.
- You may not publish or transmit content that contains advertising or commercial messages, including on your profile and in communications with other members.
- You may not spam other members message boxes with any form of solicitation or request.
- You may not impersonate any other person or entity. You may not use the content from another member 's profile on this site or any other, or use another person's photo as your own.
- You may not publish any personal contact information in your profile, your say posts, forums, chat rooms and via photos. This includes but is not restricted to, telephone numbers, email addresses, instant messaging contact details, website URL 's, place of work etc. Personal contact information will be removed (with the exception of classifieds postings as per classifieds guidelines).
- You may not solicit other members contact details.
- You may not create or use more than one profile on this site or on the Pink Sofa Network
- By creating a profile you grant The Company permission to publish your profile on any of our Pink Sofa Network partner sites.
- Content you post in the grrltalk forums; events, accommodation and general classifieds and in the Your Say discussions may be viewable by non-members and may be returned in search engine results.
- If you upload a photo and select "Show my photo to anyone including non members" your photo and profile content may be viewable by non-members and may be returned in search engine results.
- Should The Company wish to use your profile or photographs for promotional purposes, The Company will contact you via email to request permission.
- Should The Company wish to use any of your content (excluding personal communications between members, see section entitled ‘Member Communications’ for how this is treated) submitted to the sites for promotional purposes, The Company will contact you in writing to request permission, except in the case of testimonials. By completing and submitting a testimonial you authorize The Company to use the testimonial for promotional purposes as The Company sees fit.
- The company may from time to time send marketing material to members by email. You will have the opportunity to opt out of receiving this material.
- Your use of these sites provides you no rights in regard to The Company intellectual property rights including trademarks, designs and copyright or the intellectual property rights of Third Parties.
- Without limitation, the content on or provided through the site may only be used for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not exploit commercially, copy, republish, record, download, post, transmit, broadcast, communicate to others, or use the content in any other way, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- Content on The Company websites is in the English language.
Account and Password Details
You are solely responsible for ensuring that your account and password details are kept confidential and safe from unauthorized access. Do not give out your password to anyone.
The Company reserves the right to log IP addresses upon both successful and unsuccessful attempts to log-in to the members area.
This data will not be used for personal identification, except in instances of threat to integrity, safety or security, in which cases the information will be made available only to the requisite authorities.
Harassment and Disputes
- You may not harass any Member and agree to stop contacting any other Member who has requested you to stop. Should you wish you have the option to 'block' any Member by selecting the appropriate option on their profile. 'Blocked' Members will not be able to send you a message or Instant Message you. You can also use the "ignore" function in chat to block out communication from anyone in the chat room..
- The Company will not become involved in any disputes between Members and does not provide any arbitration or settlement services should a dispute arise between members.
- You alone are responsible for ensuring that your interaction with other Members is lawful. The Company advises you that there may be risks of dealing with Members acting under false pretences or with criminal intent.
- The Company cannot control what happens between members once they decide to meet in person, however if you encounter behaviour that may be deemed harmful to other Members you are requested to contact The Company with full details and we may, if deemed appropriate at the sole discretion of The Company, warn, suspend or delete the offending member's profile.
- The Company has no intent or interest in getting involved in domestic or private disputes between Members.
- You alone are responsible for the message content you transmit to other members. You will ensure that it is appropriate and is not in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Company does not in ordinary circumstances review or censor member message content but reserves the right to delete messages which contain advertising or which The Company regards as spam, or to review messages if there is a reported breach of conduct, conditions or guidelines, or if required by the relevant authorities.
- You are responsible for keeping messages you wish to save as The Company cannot retrieve messages which have been deleted.
- You may register for only one three day free Trial Membership on this site or on the Pink Sofa Network .
- The Company may, at its discretion provide its members with free or promotional Premium memberships.
- You may remain a free Basic Member on this site while you do not violate these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to purchase a subscription if you wish to contact other Premium Members on this site or the Pink Sofa Network , after your Trial Membership has lapsed.
- The Company may change the subscription pricing, payment options, renewal terms or Member services at any time.
- You may not request your membership or subscription be put on hold for you and reinstated at a later date.
- The Company may suspend or terminate the subscription of any Member who violates these Terms and Conditions.
- The Company will not refund subscriptions if there has been a violation of these Terms and Conditions. Refunds will be given at the discretion of The Company management.
- You are solely responsible for any charges you incur.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time.
The Company does not warrant that any of its services will always be secure, uninterrupted, and always available or error free, or will meet your requirements, or that any defects in the service will be corrected.
Site access may be suspended periodically and without notice in the case of repair, maintenance, system failure or for reasons outside of our control.
Modifications to Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions of this site and the Pink Sofa Network are subject to change at any time without notice.
Suspension and Termination of Membership
The Company may suspend or terminate the membership of any Member who violates these Terms and Conditions.
The Company reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate your membership at any time at its absolute discretion.
You may terminate your Membership at any time.
Limitation of Liability
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Company, its directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, partner sites and third parties, from any loss, claim, expenses or damages (including but not limited to any, direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data and contracts), relating to or arising out of your use of this site and the services provided. This includes any violation of The Terms and Conditions of this agreement or any action arising from the content that you publish on this site that infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party or content or communication that denigrates libels or invades the privacy of any third party or any action taken by you (or others associated with you) as a result of your use of this site.
Pink Sofa Pty. Ltd. and all related entity's exclude all liability to the maximum extent permitted by law. To the extent that liability cannot be excluded, Pink Sofa Pty. Ltd. and all related entity's liability to you for any cause whatsoever will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to us for the service during the term of membership.
The Company and the Terms and Conditions for this site and the Pink Sofa Network shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Australia. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of the governing law jurisdiction. Nothing in this clause is intended to oust the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and the jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Australia.